Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Canadian kitbag*

Hello

I have this CDN/BRIT Kitbag dated 1941, and my question is what contains this bag normally?

Thanks
    Eric

Last edited by Akina; 01-12-2007, 07:21 PM.

The kit bag would contain all a soldier's possessions - issued and private - and be used most often for "change of station". So, extra uniforms and boots, likely, the orders of dress not being worn - if he had such- and any private possessions. In action or "battle order", the troops would carry a pack with "necessaries" - change of socks, clean shirt, shaving kit, etc. - and the rest of the stuff would be stored in the kit bag or carried in the support train. That's why, I think, later models (post-war, modern)have a steel loop at the top and provision for a padlock: it's where you stored stuff while you were "away".

There are very precise instructions for packing a kit bag, to keep clothes neat, etc. and, of course, a list of "prohibited items", but I don't know where you'd get such info. Asking a vet would be your best bet.

Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter

Comment

There are a group of guys in the London (Ontario) area who re-enact the Perth Regiment, WWII. I'm sure they can help out with a definitive list. Google the site, contact Brad Stott or Mark Dickerson and mention that I told you. they're great guys.

Peter

Comment

Brad Stott or Mark Dickerson , ok ,super thanks you !

Comment

Also known as a "Duffle Bag".

Comment

Thanks Laurence

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X