Ulster Home Guard Cloth Shoulder Title.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ulster Home Guard Cloth Shoulder Title.

I got this a few days ago, it looks okay to me, not that I've ever seen one before - but distinctive pattern to the lettering, different sizes, different angles........
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

very nice!
      I thought there were multiple variations on these types of shoulder flash (?) -as some earlier types modified old WW1 uniforms. My wife's granddad, who proudly served in the Clydebank Home Guard for 4 years (and was probably the shortest NCO they had) wore an old WW1 uniform with scottish flags on the shoulders in 1940-41.

http://members.madasafish.com/~blood...UHG/UHG01.html
      Last edited by McCulloh; 01-09-2007, 12:21 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Hello,
        I ones I have are the same in type and lettering. Could the cloth have shrunk, warped in any way? I also have a couple of county titles which sat below the UHG one. But they are very regular in size, type and spacing

Comment

Thanks, were the county titles on khaki?

I have a pair of curved "Ulster" titles, white on dark blue (which I posted in another thread in this forum a while ago)

Do you know if the lack of "Royal" indicate insgnia from Eire refering to the 3 (or 9) counties or would they just refer to a regional affiliation in the northern 6 counties?

I may be way off track but I'm wondering about RUC "B" Specials?

Comment

Originally posted by leigh kitchen View Post
            Thanks, were the county titles on khaki?

I have a pair of curved "Ulster" titles, white on dark blue (which I posted in another thread in this forum a while ago)

Do you know if the lack of "Royal" indicate insgnia from Eire refering to the 3 (or 9) counties or would they just refer to a regional affiliation in the northern 6 counties?

I may be way off track but I'm wondering about RUC "B" Specials?
            Yes, the county titles were on the same material as the UHG title. Ill post a pic once I get a chance. I also have a pic in the Bulletin which shows all the Ulster Home Guard titles with the other home guard units titles - ill get a copy of it posted up too.

I dont think it is the B specials for the Ulster title - in the 20's, 30's they have brass county titles but i dont think I've ever seen a cloth title. I dont think either it has anything to do with Eire either. it may be associated withthe Ulster Rifles or the ACF from the rifles recruiting area. Will take a wee look and find out for sure.

All the best,

Comment

Here is my UHG stuff and the page from the bullettin.
              Ok maybe now - how do you post images to the site?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X