WW1 Canadian helmet I.D. needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 Canadian helmet I.D. needed please

I have what I believe is a British made WW1 Mark 1 helmet with, possibly, Canadian Machine Gun Corps insignia painted on the front. I bought it at a military show near Toronto a few years ago.

This isn't my main field of collecting, so any information is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

A close-up of the insignia. It may not be clear in this terrible picture (sorry), but a similar bar as the lower green one can be seen underneath the brown paint of the helmet.
    Attached Files

Comment

Another close-up
      Attached Files

Comment

I can't find an exact match, but it is of the style of the Motor Machine Gun Battalions.

Comment

Hello

It looks like a nice looking helmet . I am not an expert on painted symbols on Canadian WW1 helmets. Is there any marking on the inside of the helmet? Is there still a liner inside? I would love to see a picture of the inside if there is a liner.

Comment

Thank you very much for your replies. As I said previously, not my area of collecting, but one of my favourite helmets.

I found only one other helmet with similar painted insignia on the Kaiser's Bunker site, with the differce being that the red arrow is directly overtop a (wider) rectangle instead of above it. It's identified as belonging to the 4th Battalion Canadian Machine Gun Corps of the 4th division.

I'd be interested in any sites or sources with information on this subject.

I'll try to get some interior pics taken by the weekend.

Comment

Here's a good source:

http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/medi...mation_Patches

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X