No announcement yet.

Blanco help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Change number 6355 in The list of Changes for December 1954.

RENOVATOR, WEB EQUIPMENT

Buff- K.G. No. 61 (Cat No HA 13694)
    Khaki, Green,
    Dark - KG No.3 (Cat No HA 13693)
    Light - KG No. 103 (Cat No HA 13696)
    Medium - KG No 97 (Cat No HA 13695)

The above are introduced for service to replace the following

POWDER, CLEANING, WEB EQUIPMENT

Olive Green No.3 (Cat No HA 12802)
    Olive Green No.D61 (cat No HA 12804)
    Olive Green No.C103 (Cat No HA 12805)

Dated 3rd September 1954.

Comment

Hi Bruce, I would very much like to take you up on the offer I will send you a PM.

Hi Marc, thanks for adding that list. I had not seen that before.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Blanco? Bloody horrible stuff. It was far simpler to boot polish one's '37 pattern belt (sans rear buckles) - and I was issued one of these in the RAF in 1983! I thank God I wasn't a squaddie in the '20s, '30s & '40s. Brasses were bad enough, but Blanco and pressed BD as well?

Comment

I have this powder, I think it is for coloring the webbing as described. Never used it but I have spilled a bit. Messy stuff.

Here in natural light.
          Attached Files

Comment

and here with a bit of flash.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ooo, it's the type specifically inteded for resi. cases. It seems to be a very light tan colour, is that correct?

Comment

I would say so, the powder visible on the top of the open tin and inside the lid in the second picture is accurately depicted colorwise.

Comment

How about chapter 27 in the never ending story of BLANCO

One can still get it at least form this site

Sentimental Journey

Though at 20 quid a pop I would think it would be out of the price range on a Pvt. in 1939 or even today.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I was wondering if there was a way to remove blanco from field gear? I recently bought a canteen skeleton carrier (advertised as tan) that's covered in the green blanco. I would like to restore it back to the tan, is that possible?

Comment

S

Originally posted by leigh kitchen View Post
                      I've been trying to remember - which unit wore ox blood boot polish?
                      THAT WAS THE SKINHEADS

Comment

Blanco

I Have A Few Tins Left For Sale ,if You Want One P.m Me ,will

Comment

Here is a link on Aussie webbing which shows a damaged Blanco "biscuit".

http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-...ralian-ww2.htm

I can't remember what we used to whiten our webbing when I went through recruit school, but when you cleaned the brass fittings you had to be careful of the white coating as the brasso would leave dirty marks on the white.

Regards;

Johnsy

Comment

Blanco summary

This is a great thread but after reading it I still have some questions.

1) What was the base color of WWII webbing before it was blancoed, I'm assuming tan?

2) On webbing that I just acquired, which appears to be tan, assuming that means it is unblancoed, does that mean it was never issued?

3) Was every soldier required to blanco their kit or was it a personal preference?

4) In the book "For King and Country" that I just received, I noticed some of the pictures show the soldier wearing two different shades of web gear at one time, tan and green (khaki?). Was this commonly done?

Thanks guys. Great info I'm just a bit confused.
                            Last edited by WWIIBuff; 09-07-2007, 03:29 AM.

Comment

I had an old insurance agent (he was the owner of the company) who was a british and moved to canada way back. He told me when i showed him a fake afrika korps ring from n&t ( real at the time) that in north africa they had a great time and lots of fun with blanco. They were doing their bussniss within view of the germans who were also doing their bussniss, no fighting was going on at this time. Their CO insisted that they use their (amount of water issues, cant remember) to wash and shave and blanco their kit, before drinking of course so if they were captured or captured-fought the germans in view they would look like british soldiers. He said the water they were issued wasnt even near what they needed for drinking and this absurdity just took the cake when they were 700m from the germans and in that severe heat.

Best,

Pete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X