Polish pre WW2 Greatcoat etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

her are some fotos..
    195 or 162.... 19? or ?61 ?=inverted 5 ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Robban.

Thanks for the additional pics. Gut feel on this one still says LWP. I don't have much detailed info on pre-war greatcoats of this type, although, once again, patterns were very similar. It remains possible that this is a pre-war item that was refitted with LWP buttons for use by the Soviet controlled army, but I have some lingering doubts as I do not know of any examples of recycling pre-war gear. In any event, the LWP is not an area of interest for me, hence my minimal knowledge. But I do know that a lot of the early LWP uniform equipment was Soviet made.

Below is a picture of the stamps on the inside sleeve of an early LWP officer tunic. You can see that there are some distinct similarities, such as the number font, and the oval stamp. It's hard to make out the detail in the stamps in your picture- but is it Polish text? Is there any Cyrillic content?

Regards,
        Tony
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antoni Zawadzki View Post

Below is a picture of the stamps on the inside sleeve of an early LWP officer tunic. You can see that there are some distinct similarities, such as the number font, and the oval stamp. It's hard to make out the detail in the stamps in your picture- but is it Polish text? Is there any Cyrillic content?
          Intersting as in Russin is written that it is property of Russian movie company "Mosfilm", War Division.

Regarding coat - buttons are 100% post-war.
          Compass is pre-war.

Comment

Originally posted by mietek View Post
            Intersting as in Russin is written that it is property of Russian movie company "Mosfilm", War Division.

Regarding coat - buttons are 100% post-war.
            Compass is pre-war.
            Cześć Mietek,

Thanks you for that. The tunic pictured belongs to another collector. I was told initially that it was a pre-war tunic, but the Russian stamps are powerful indications that this is post war made, but of the wz.36 pre-war pattern. And to now know that it may be a movie prop is quite an unexpected twist!

I suspect that the owner of that tunic, upon hearing this, may have a reaction just like this …

Below is a pic of a complete pre-war compass of the type posted by Robban at the outset of this thread.

Regards,
            Tony
            Attached Files

Comment

Movie prop

Hi Tony, tell him that original uniform items were actually used. So it is not a "Fake prop". Just studio property.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

As the "evil Empire" was becoming the "evil Commonwealth of Independent States," a LOT of authentic pre-1939 Polish uniforms and headgear came on the market with MOSFILM stamps.....

Ironically, this stamp became a stamp of authenticity.

The range of stuff was surprising, even visor caps from the Association of Retired Non-commissioned Officers.

The one thing that was downright scarey was the amount of KOP (Border Defense Corps) stuff that became available...... and lest we forget, a prayer for the souls of the original owners.

Any Polonium anyone????

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X