Aluminium rank badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminium rank badge

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 03:56 PM.

Hi, it could well be British. Although I have not seen one exactly like it before, but I have seen similar ones in brass. I don't think it is American. They were sometimes worn on shirts in summertime but really only on the Khaki Drill uniform in places like Italy. Sorry I cannot help more. Could be post war , but my collecting interests stop at 1945, so I cannot help on that.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 03:56 PM.

Comment

You mean the same size as those worn on wristbands? Metal stripes were worn by some units in the 70's - 80's eg I have somewhere a pair of chromed metal stripes I scrounged from a Sgt in the 17/21 Lancers in 1979.

Aluminium suggests "field made"?

Silver coloured insignia seem to have been in favour for the RP of various units in the 50's - 60's if not later although you tend to have to scratch around to find reference to chromed cap badges etc for RP.

The Provost suggestion seems a good one - the sort of thing that would be worn on a RP's brassard as opposed to clothing.

Comment

Last edited by XEN; 06-03-2007, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Who knows who turns up in an exercise area with supplies or whatever, but yep, I go along with your suggestion of RP.

interesting fittings, I assume that they're prongs rather than screw fittings that length?

Comment

Comment

Are'nt the prongs a bit long to be worn that way?

Perhaps fitted to a bit of kit?

Comment

British army chefs also had white metal rank chevrons

Comment

White metal rank chevrons are generally worn by RPs, cooks (in whites) and the RAF Police. This isn't a rule of thumb as some units had weird dress regs, but generally speaking thus so. These look like something made up out of sheet ally in the workshop - possibly for a vehicle who's driver was especially proud of his two stripes perhaps?

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X