Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SF Wing

Hi Ade

I am not sure about this one. I saw the exact badge on e-bay as a repro as well. The stitching around the SF with the red bobbin thread showing through looks good. However the embroidery of the wings looks off to me. I also think the material used as a backing is trying to mimic the fawn coloured backing of the originals. This might be trying to be a US issue type SF badge. I am not 100% certain but I have my suspicians. I know there is a good repro out there. Check and compare with the SF wings on Les Hughes site - insigne -
    Then you should know for sure as he has issue types from vets on there.

Regards

Ken

XXXXXXXXXX Just checked and also looked at the back of one I have and it looks as though this is a GOOD ONE. Sorry Ade.

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks Clive. I was hoping you would see this thread. I did like the look of the back of the wing where the "SF" was embroidered, the bobbin thread looked good. But as I say, I have no experiences of these.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I have no doubts at all Ken regarding this Wing's originallity, a superb find. The image attached is the back of one from an OSS OG veteran, from this you will clearly see there is no problem at all. The one aspect of the copies (so far that is) is that the method of construction has not been replicated. All the best, Clive.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thought I would follow this up with the two best copies there are to date. The top one is often thought to be an original, but it is not. From the front they both look quite good, from the back another matter. Regards, Clive.
        Attached Files

Comment

Image 2 (back of Wings)
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X