Fairbairn Sykes Knife Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairbairn Sykes Knife Opinion

I am curious about this FS knife. Is the knife WWII era? Has the scabbard been modified? Does the "England" stamp on the cross guard mean that it's an import? It looks like a double stamp, but it's really my digital camera acting up.

The marking on the other side of the crossguard is a broad arrow and numeral II. Thanks!

---Chris
    Attached Files

another pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Another pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris, the knife is certainly one of those imported into the USA post war as military surplus. It is wartime, but as you suspected the scabbard has been modified with those brown leather additions.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks! I figured as much. What would be a ball park value on something like this?
          ---Chris

Comment

Hi Chris, sorry I cannot help you on that one.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Chris
              Have a look at this link http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/fs.htm
              Iam sure this will be of interest to you
              Regards
              Andy W

Comment

Nuff said !

Snyders treasures ..... sez it all

Gary J.

Originally posted by kinglud View Post
                Hi Chris
                Have a look at this link http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/fs.htm
                Iam sure this will be of interest to you
                Regards
                Andy W

Comment

Chris,
                  Like Ade has said, the scabbard has been adapted. Not sure if it was done post war. I've seen loads of scabbards that were worked on to make them better for battle. The knife is a standard 3rd Pat commando knife. The blade looks to have been tipped (re-shaped). Don't go on the prices of Snyder's too much, they are very inflated. I would have said that your knife would be about ******163;40-******163;70 (that may sound harsh and is only my opinion). Can't quite see from the pictures if the bade has the triangle ground at the top of the blade to denote it to be hand ground. If it is you can say that the price would be more, may be ******163;70-******163;110
                  If the 'England' stamp wasn't on it I would have put it down for more again, but it is WW2 made.
                  Good luck for hunting down more commando knives.
                  Regards
                  Irv

Comment

Are the leather additions not simply repairs - the strap replacing the knackered elastic retaining band & the reinforced area being at the point where the stitching seperates easily on these scabbards?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X