Australian army commando slouch hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian army commando slouch hat

here's my latest acquisition... a 1941 dated 2/1st Independent Company slouch hat. It is an absolute cracker and I was stoked to find it. Most of this company was captured on the island of New Ireland by Japanese Marines in 1942. Unfortunately not named but still a nice hat.

- Chris
    Attached Files

rising sun badge
    Attached Files

Comment

patch
      Attached Files

Comment

front. As you can see the puggaree (hatband) is extremely bleached from the sun.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thats a corker no wonder you are "stoked" lets hope he avenged his mates .Rob.
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Chris
            Another great hat. Just curious, the pugeree is very sun faded, but the hat itself and the colour patch don't look faded in the photo. Maybe this one has been put together?. Might just be a trick of the light in the photo?. How does it look in the flesh?.
            Regards Bruce

Comment

the patch is definitely original to the puggaree and the puggaree is definitely original to the hat. It hasn't been put together for if it had I would have returned it. I have had a couple of people let me know it's OK and if I even had any reservations about it, I would get a refund.

I returned my 2/43rd infantry btn. hat because the name inside didn't match up with the battalion. Indeed, I even went to the lengths of finding the battalion nominal roll to check up on it. It pained me to get rid of such a nice hat but I don't allow crap in my collection.

I scrutinise every item in my collection even after other people say it's alright. I believe this hat is good and it looks a treat in the flesh. It's a bit annoying everytime I post something it's questioned.

By the way, thanks for the compliments, Rob.

- Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chippler View Post
                the patch is definitely original to the puggaree and the puggaree is definitely original to the hat. It hasn't been put together for if it had I would have returned it. I have had a couple of people let me know it's OK and if I even had any reservations about it, I would get a refund.

I returned my 2/43rd infantry btn. hat because the name inside didn't match up with the battalion. Indeed, I even went to the lengths of finding the battalion nominal roll to check up on it. It pained me to get rid of such a nice hat but I don't allow crap in my collection.

I scrutinise every item in my collection even after other people say it's alright. I believe this hat is good and it looks a treat in the flesh. It's a bit annoying everytime I post something it's questioned.

By the way, thanks for the compliments, Rob.

- Chris
                Chris
                Fantastic, great pick up.
                Bruce

Comment

thanks, Bruce.

- Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X