British 1834 Pattern Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British 1834 Pattern Helmet

Hi guys. I thought I would show you the centerpiece of my collection. This is an OR/NCO helmet for " The 1st or The Kings Dragroon Guards" regiment. I ran into it at my local coin and stamp shop about 10 years ago. After some research I found out the this regiment served not far from my home of London, Ontario. They were dispatched to Upper and Lower Canada in 1837 to suppress the rebellions in Quebec and York (Toronto now). I can only assume that this trooper elected to leave the the army an take up roots in Canada. He seems to have" forgotten" to return his helmet. The horse probably made it back with the regiment.......I hope.
    Attached Files

Pic #2

Pic #2
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic#3

Pic #3
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic #4

Pic #4
        Attached Files

Comment

Last Pic.

PIC #5. P.S. It would be nice to see any other British helmets in your collections. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry. Here is PIC#5.
            Attached Files

Comment

Sweet!!!.

Of couse it could of made its way back to Canada with a collector as well.

If you ever want to part with it I know a chap at the CWM who would take it for thier collection.

Comment

The CWM is always on my mind. When I hit the dirt they will have first choice of everything. Free for them.

Comment

Can I come to your house and drool on your doorstep? What a lovely thing, indeed!

Peter in Alliston

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X