Manchester medal 1910?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manchester medal 1910?

I have this for some years now, and I think its time - and opportunity - to find out what it is: is it a medal at all, how old, value, etc.?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Top detail
    Attached Files

Comment

"Medal" detail
      Attached Files

Comment

"Medal" reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

This is not a military item. It is a medal issued by the "Manchester Unity Independent Order of Odd Fellows"

Some info on them can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddfellows

The medal would appear to be made of solid silver as it looks like it is hallmarked? You can date it by these marks. There are many websites which show these silver hallmarks on the 'net. The maker is marked at the bottom of the medal. I suspect it was made in 1910 going by the obverse.

I have no idea of value, but I am sure it is collectable. But I would not expect it be be worth a huge amount.

Hope this helps?

Cheers,Ade

Comment

Of course this helps - thanks a lot, Ade. That is more info I have collected in the past 3 years asking several brit. dealers and collectors. Do you think its worth the 10,-EUR I have once paied? And would ebay.uk be a good place to get rid of it?

Comment

Hi, I don't really know of values, but I think you should just about recoup the 10 Euros. I would say E Bay is the way to go.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X