13th Battalion Brodie On Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13th Battalion Brodie On Ebay

Has anyone seen the 13th Battalion (Black Watch) brodie on ebay (auction 200050478511)? Besides the crazy 'Buy It Now' price, does anyone have an opinoin on this helmet?

my opinion is that it sucks. The paint looks too new, isn't chipped at all. There is too much history and too many pics on the page describing the unit rather than the helmet. I think the seller is trying to suck you in with all the history, pics etc so the buyer will go "oh, wow! they were in ypres, the somme, paschendale etc... I will grab it!"... I have seen this technique used before. I tend to find sellers who are aiming for the militaria market just give a brief description of the regiment or even just the name and leave the researching up to the buyer.

Also, I don't know much about these helmets but there is a pic of a strap with a sticker on it that says "tighten cord and adjust net to fit the head" I am gathering that if the helmet was used and adjuested, the sticker would be torn and would have fallen off? Kind of like a qm paper tag on an Aussie tunic...

Plus in the period pics, the men have hessian coverings on their helmets. Why would someone paint someone paint on their helmet when they would just cover it up with hessian? A small point but maybe an important one.

This is just my opinion. I don't know the seller, I don't know a lot about helmets but have tried to explain my opinion. If anyone would care to disagree with me feel free to.

- Chris

Comment

I would like to see good quality close-up photos of the painted insignia to be certain, but from the photos provided the insignia does appear too clean with no age or wear. Not a good sign.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X