Is This Visor British?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This Visor British?

Another Memember suggested this visor maybe British. Please let me know what you think. Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Attached Files
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Could be from anywhere ,most Brit visors have an impressed size and makers mark on the sweatband or its embossed in gilt. Surely though its obviously German ! Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Hi Robb, the emblishments are German but Dave was advised in another thread that the cap body itself might be British. Personally I don't think it is.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I think it maybe west german with "added features",brit caps dont have the vents on the sides,plus no front seam.The west german navy caps have front seam and two side vents,just has been reshaped a bit too.But I maybe wrong !

Comment

is this visor british?

Hello Dave,
                The cap you show could well have been manufactured for Germany in Great Britain. Our Regimental caps DO have a vent hole (as positioned in your item), and they DO have a front centre seam (again, as illustrated by your item).

Have you found any manufactures mark other than the numeral that you show? If British manufactured, the logo will be on the inside of the sweatband. Also, British manufactured items will normally have attached to the inside of the top, a size designation label.

Hope this is of help!

Seph.

Comment

is this visor British?

PS...
                  Dave, on closer inspection, that cap you show, if its being offered as a WW.2 item, is 100% FAKE!

It's a modern British manufactured item, with a very badly inserted sweatband. The white thread is nice-n-new and looks to be sinthetic, but the sweatband is near disintigrated. As for the labels... "nice artwork!". To me, that cap shouts...... RUN AWAY!

Seph

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X