Info needed on Colonels uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info needed on Colonels uniform

I picked this up recently but can find no info on the man. His name is Lefebure and as you can see he is a colonel. Supposedly he was on mountbattens staff. Any help will be much appreciated.

Gary
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Gary Cain View Post
    I picked this up recently but can find no info on the man. His name is Lefebure and as you can see he is a colonel. Supposedly he was on mountbattens staff. Any help will be much appreciated.

Gary
    Attached Files

Comment

#3 You can see his progression through the ranks.

Attached Files

Comment

last one

#3 You can see his progression through the ranks.
        Attached Files

Comment

I thinlk that the patch is GHQ India (India anyway), the collar dogs are also Indian army, with "GRI" cypher.

Comment

The only entry I can find is;

Indian Army List April 1943,
            Mrs Teresa Mary LeFebour, Sister, Indian Military Nursing Service, start of service 08/03/1942, same details in the Indian Army List of April 1945.

Comment

Could be a Canadian. The was a Simpsons (tailor) company in Canada at that time and Lefebure is a common Canadain name.

#3 looks like it could of held birader pips so maybe he was demoted from Brig down to Sister, Indian Military Nursing Service

Comment

If the named owner is Canadian then I can not help.

Comment

I believe that his name is Lefebvre - note the 'v' and not a 'u'. This is a very common name. Simpson's was a Montreal store.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the spelling! I do believe you are correct!

Cheers
                    Gary

Originally posted by servicepub View Post
                    I believe that his name is Lefebvre - note the 'v' and not a 'u'. This is a very common name. Simpson's was a Montreal store.

Comment

No doubt about this. I recognise the Simpson's logo/name. I remember this company from the 60's in Montreal.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X