1 Commando Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Commando Patches

Hi guys, here's one for the Commando guys. I picked up these patches from a good source. As is evident from previous posts I'm just learning about British stuff. These patches are very well made. They do not glow. The black canvas backing appears to be almost glued together. I separated a bit of the rose patch and there appears to be a whitish glue. They smell very slightly of old webbing (admit it guys....it smells like, victory ).

Colour wise, my poor lighting washed out some of the colour. The khaki colour is close but not the same as a WW2 dated Canadian battle dress I have in my collection.

Anyway, I can't find these in any book I have. What are they and what is the consensus?

Cheers,
    Greg
    Attached Files

Two very scare bits of early Commando Insignia !!

The Rose does look rarther new, different to the one in Peter Taylors Book, 1 Commando also looks in New condition, But see what others say.

A shot of the back would help.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by sabertasche View Post
      (admit it guys....it smells like, victory ).
      The only thing I can smell is failure!

These early insignia for 1 Commando are one of the most faked pieces of British insignia. Yours are good, but only 7/10 good. A lot of the detail is wrong, some parts are too sharp other bits are too sloppy. The patches are quite thick overall and I can almost guarantee that if the backing isn't solid black cloth, the thick inaccurate embroidery is exposed. These do pop up for sale from time to time at Bosleys etc and sets sell not far off the £1000 mark.

Be careful and always get a 2nd opinion before investing in stuff like this!

Jack.

Comment

I just sold one on ebay for a fiver . I have to agree it does look rather new .Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Run like hell.

Comment

Here's a similar (but slightly different) set of repro's:
            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150053486048

I thought I remembered Andrew Butler from abinsignia.com made these but I can't seem to find them on his site anymore...

Luc

Comment

Originally posted by lnijherald View Post
              Here's a similar (but slightly different) set of repro's:
              http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=150053486048

I thought I remembered Andrew Butler from abinsignia.com made these but I can't seem to find them on his site anymore...

Luc

Are you saying Militarycrap uk sells fakes? Rob
              God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Originally posted by ROBB View Post
                fakes?
                This seller has re-defined the word fake. At first I had the impression only his insignia were fake but clothing and webbing was ok, then I discovered all his webbing is made by Meco, while his clothing is stamped eco: he puts in a new stamping with a seperate "M".

Luc

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X