Are all Pips the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are all Pips the same?

Are the pips that the British wear the same that Canadian and Australian officers wear? Also, are there variations in styles or detail by different makers?

Best,
    John
    Attached Files

Hi Im not realy a expert on pips and cant tell you what the silver pips are for. I know there is definetly allot of variotion in size shape and even colour amongst different manufacturers. Here are a couple of examples, the brass one on the left is a example of the style used by the british and canadians, the blackened version on the right is the type worn by australians. If you like ill go through my tunic and show a example commonly worn by new zealanders
    Hope i was of some help

Cheers
    Jason
    Attached Files

Comment

Whole world of collection here as just offf the top of my head you could have

1) kings crown
      2) Quees crown
      3) line regiments (silver)
      4) rifle regiments (black)
      5) gard regiments (gold)
      6) royal Marines (blue)

and on and on and on.

And different pips were worn of different types of uniforms and different regiments and even different bn. in regiments.

Do not forget differnt pips for regular, teritorial, colonial, indian and commonwealth ranks as well.

This would be and endless hobby and you could produce about 5 books out of it. IMHO

Comment

Also......the British Police wear identical pips, in chrome plate.

The 'pip' is the star of the Order of the Bath and the motto means 'Three Joined in One'......i.e. Scotland, England and Northern Ireland joined to form the UK. (Wales doesn't count, as it's considered a principality).

Comment

The Guards utilise Garter stars in lieu of Bath stars, but apart from differing backing cloth colours for certain corps & regiments, all use the Bath star as a 'pip'.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X