Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commerative medal

Hi guys,

I can't remember if Iv'e asked about this medal before so here goes.

Iv'e owned this medal for a least 45 years, has anyone seen one before and should it come with a ribbon.

Les
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Les, I cannot recall you showing this before? I have not seen one before but I suspect that it came without a ribbon, but this is just a guess. Tony might be able to tell you more? Great little item.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I have one with a green & white ribbon, I saw a couple recently on a dealers site, with ribbons of different colours, & I've seen others in the past with still different ribbons.
        As I recall these were issued in two versions, one for the Brits & one for the Americans, with just the details of the Army different?

I don't know what the original ribbons would be, assuming that they were'nt just fitted out with any available stock.

Comment

The American one is sought after and very similar to this one. Nice medal. They were for purchase and jeff Floyd can tell us a lot more about them. He usually has one or two at FJP.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it

Les

Comment

Here's the American 5th Army one, this came with ribbon attached from a dealer in Cambridge during the 80's.
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X