• Show
Clear All

Wristlet Knitted, Wool

Got a box of them today.
    Attached Files

label
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh these mate, yeah we got issued these for Balkan tours along with the face mask and additional replacement velcro mouth pieces for the cold weather mask, two I think - 'gimp mask'.

We also got the white artic socks, earlier issue had a red band around the top of the socks and were knee lenth and then latter tours I did we got more ankle length all white 'artic socks'.

In country around October time they issued us with gortex boots too (Well my last and final tour of Bosnia and months later Kosovo this seemed to be the thing; we had them already but got spare pairs - I've my own surplus store in the attic ) i.e this first happened in 1998 for me and we had Matterhorns - didn't like those Our issue Pro-Boots were much better and lasted much much longer (Matt's made your feet really sweat and the soles wore out so quickly)

Before that we had out general issue boots, socks and once I even nabbed some issue gaiters.

I never ever wore the wrist warmers (i must have five pairs never used), in fact I don't recall anyone wearing them or the bloody face mask, even with -40 plus with wind chill factors, snow etc

There was more kit too, but I've waffled enough.

Nicky, why did you buy these mate !!!!

Comment

They would make good willy warmers.

Comment

If they were bigger.........

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X