• Show
Clear All

help with second badge...

similar one
    Attached Files

back
    Attached Files

Comment

General Service Corps. Looks like a collar dog.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Not sure that it's a collar dog - perhaps cap badge, or WOI's rank badge - I have a cast brass version of this, looks the same I think down to the flat copper wire loops .

I'm assuming that this is cast brass, & not an officer's bronzed collar dog that's been polished up?

Comment

Confusing badge, comes in all sizes, with all crowns. Those with sliders are obviously cap badges, but the others? I have a lovely QVC medium sized gilt one, too big for a collar I think but not really a clue.

Comment

idea of value?

Comment

Just a couple of pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Maclean View Post
                Confusing badge, comes in all sizes, with all crowns. Those with sliders are obviously cap badges, but the others? I have a lovely QVC medium sized gilt one, too big for a collar I think but not really a clue.
                The Gilt versions were and are worn on the waist belt clasp and shoulder belt pouch by the Household Cavalry. A gilt version removed from the waist belt clasp is worn by the Regimental Corporal Major.

Comment

I've got an old patent leather Houshold Cavalry pouch just begging for its badge...........

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X