Sealous Scout Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sealous Scout Wings

Could someone give me an expert opinion on this scout wing please? Many thanks.
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

numbered 1324
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Col, these wings have featured on the forum in past. But I cannot find the thread I know Chris B asked about them.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Found it! It was in the International forum and not here

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=46675

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade very useful

Comment

Looks to be an original Scouts wing.

The numbered ones were in stores and issued and the un numbered ones made from the same dies later on. Cant remember the right numbers but after 500 or so they apparently weren't issued. Saying that I had Tim Callow's dress greens and the badge number on that was higher in the cycle. Apparently many members secured spare sets from stores. Also I was told by an ex member that the African lads would apply for a badge in 2 names thus recieving 2.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Thanks Guy

Comment

As Guy has said, these appear to be original wings. A nice close up of the reverse and side shot of the lugs would tell for sure, but they certainly look good from the photos. There were in excess of 1500 numbered wings on the first stamping, and an unknown amount of unnumbered wings from later stamping(s).

Guy, would you mind sharing photos of Tim Callow's items? I'd be very interested in seeing them!!

Cheers,

James

Comment

Hi James,

Very embarrasing but I don't have a picture I don't think, I will have a look. Also I will ask the collector I sold it to if he will take some. I bought a huge scouts collection with lots of badges ephemera etc and 2 uniforms. Like an idiot I don't think I pictured the uniforms. I can't post pics here but if you send me your email I'll send them to you and if you want to post them you can. I have a lot of other scout and SAS related stuff if you are interested.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X