Union Jack...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Union Jack...!

Hi all, I didn't have much luck in the flag forum. I'm in the market for a Brittish Union Jack to add to a display. Something in the size of perhaps 3' X 4', (or so).

(something about like this)...
    Attached Files

Dude, that flag is back-to- front. For example, if that were on a sheet of glass you would have to view it from the other side for it to be displayed correctly.

Comment

Thanks for that. I borrowed the photo from a dealer site. Anybody have one available?

Comment

Hi there JOHANN , you should be able to get onefrom ebay with out to much trouble , unless u want a war time dated one a 1950s type will do as they should still be made from the old hemp canvas regards , Michael.
        P.S Not your fault but the flag is shown up side down /the correct way is with the broad white strip ( bottom left ) should be flown to the top .

Comment

SHEARING-CROSS, Thanks for the tips...Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Comment

As I know things ,the flag is only known as the Union Jack when flown on a warship otherwise it is known as the Union Flag.

And it's upside down meaning that it is signaling a 'distress and request for help' message.

Regards ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X