any ideas?
    thanks
    andy
    Attached Files

Originally posted by andy19
    any ideas?
    thanks
    andy
    The small shield lower left is the 52nd (lowland) infantry division also found with a Mountain tab. The other two I don't have a clue. They are not in Cole or Waring, pamplet #1.
    Garth

Comment

The 52nd (Lowland) Div. TA was used post WWII without the additional scroll "Mountain" by 155th (Lowland) Ind. Bde. Group (TA).

The badge on the right - a Cornish formation?
      Last edited by leigh kitchen; 06-29-2006, 11:25 AM.

Comment

All the military badges for Cornwall that I have seen have 15 dots. It is possible that the badge is not military, but for a school cap.

Comment

Agreed re Cornwall - it's just the closest I can get - dots displaced by coronet? Cornet - Duke of Cornwall, Duchy of Cornwall.......?The amount of black felt surround to the black embroidered shield border suggests that it was worn on something black rather than khaki?
          I suspect the badge top left should be worn as a lozenge rather than square on, but have'nt got a clue what it is, I hope someone has.

Comment

Many thanks for all your help. I shall continue to try to id the unknown badges and let you know if I have any success
            regards
            andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X