Unusual Fighting Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual Fighting Knife

I got this from friend who's grandfather carried it in WW1. He was a American soldier. How he ended up with it I don't know. Anyway, I found one referance book stating these knives were made in England for the Belgian Army in exile. The maker is I believe "Sanderson Brothers & Newbould Sheffield". The wrist strap is origional equipment as the example illustrated in the book had the exact strap. I have never seen one of these knives before. Maybe one of you English lads has more info. Opinions and comments welcome. Ron
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron P; 06-04-2006, 03:40 PM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ron,

Very beautiful knife!

This is a Belgian fighting knife initially produced in Belgium and then, after Belgium had been overrun by the Germans, produced under contract by the Belgian government in excile by manfacturers in Sheffield, England.

The grip is made of wood. The disc shaped guard is made of steel. The scabbard is made of steel, and appears to be a modified, cutdown version of the Belgian pattern 1889 Mauser scabbard.

Blade lengt 8 in; overall lenght 13 in.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelbycobra1966
            Hi Ron,

Very beautiful knife!

This is a Belgian fighting knife initially produced in Belgium and then, after Belgium had been overrun by the Germans, produced under contract by the Belgian government in excile by manfacturers in Sheffield, England.

The grip is made of wood. The disc shaped guard is made of steel. The scabbard is made of steel, and appears to be a modified, cutdown version of the Belgian pattern 1889 Mauser scabbard.

Blade lengt 8 in; overall lenght 13 in.
            Thanks, I'm glad that someone knows some background on it. Regards, Ron.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X