Victoria Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Victoria Cross

Can anyone help me out? This is not my field at all so bear with me. My neighbours grandfather was awarded the VC and the Croix De Guerre in WW1. Sometime ago the medals went missing, it is possible a family member has stashed them away, but they could be lost. I remember reading somewhere that if medals were lost then the son or daughter of the medal winner was able to have a new set issued, is this true and is it applicable to VC's. Can anyone shed some light on the subject? Thanks Tim.

Medals that someone was entitled to, but that where not given to the recipient or there family for any reason are still given. Bit I don't think that the British Governments gives replacement medals.

Anyone els ?

Comment

Official Replacement Medals

REPLACEMENT MEDALS FROM THE BRITISH MINISTRY OF DEFENSE
      The British Army Medals Office issues WW II medals to those entitled persons who have never received them. It also issues replacement medals under certain conditions for entitled personnel.
      Send a letter to the Medal Office explaining the precise request and the circumstances behind it. As much of the following information as possible concerning the original recipient or entitled person should be included. Send PHOTOCOPIES of any supporting documents that you have.
      Include:
      Full Name,
      Date of Birth,
      Service Number,
      Date of joining first unit,
      Date of leaving/transfer/demob.

Inquiries about British Medals granted to Polish Soldiers serving in British units made be made to the following address: Officer in Charge
      The Army Medal Office
      Government Buildings
      Droitwich Spa
      Worcester
      WR10 8AU

http://home.golden.net/~medals/records.html

Comment

Thanks very much for the information. Tim.

Comment

you will need to report them stolen as without a crime number you are less likly to get a replacement. hope that helps

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X