Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting little RAF group.

Hi Chaps,

I picked up this little RAF group today. Unfortunately the guys who got to it first cut off all the badges and buttons as they thought these were the only bits they could sell . I've photographed it as is and will now get the badges re-applied.

Dont know what the little bell push thing is but it looks suspiciously like a bomb release toggle to me. Whilst a bit dirty and mothy the tunic is a nice example of service dres (simplified) and is dated 1941. The pockets contained furlough tickets and an explanatory leaflet and map of the personell dispersal centre at cardington amongst other things

Yours, Guy.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hey Guy,

It's a good thing you saved it Nice little grouping!

Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary,

I thought so too. It's a shame about the badges but I can put them back on with a clear consience . I photographed it so that if I ever sell it people can see that it isn't just one that I've badged up.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh Well at least you saved it , most of the time grandpas old uniform gets slung away along with his medals and those silly Nazi badges and that AH engraved solid gold canteen of cutlery and that rotten old Mercedes staff car and that Stuka in the barn etc.Rob.
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Right on, right on,. The two Recce berets a fellow member turned up on a dump last year put the candle on that one didn't it. I shudder to think how much lovely stuff has ended up in landfill .

Yours, Guy.

Comment

You can get a professional tailor to re-apply the original insignia. Lots of tailors do modern uniforms all the time, just look around. You have a very nice set. Wireless operator. Airman. Rank, I think Lance Corporal (not sure of airforce equivalent ) It is a nice set and you sould get it re-done by a pro. You will not reqret it and it will not cost much at all. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Bill,

I use Stones our local military tailors for stuff like this as they do a wonderful job. Incidentally they are the same company that supplied the uniforms to Captain Gaymer in my other thread.

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X