Tommy Desert helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommy Desert helmet

I have been thinking about getting a nice British WWII Tommy helmet to add to my mostly WWII German items. I found this link on ebay and watched this helmet for a while. I could never commit to a bid as I didn't think that this was an original desert camo paint. Was I wrong? If I was wrong help educated me. If I wasn't wrong and just made the right guess ... still help educate me. I want to purchase one in the future but don't want to get shagged!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks in advance for your comments.

This seller buys shells repaints them ,makes up a story and sells them as genuine .He is the same seller as AnthonyArthur ,all his helmets are FAKE ,avoid him like a plaque.Rob.
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Picture for future reference .Rob.
      Attached Files
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Thanks Robb. I have to say that the rust spots did bother me. There was a nice British helmet here on the e-stand a while back ... I regret that I let that one get away.

Comment

Yes, a few of us have been watching this character for some time. Check his past feedback to see the shells he buys, then a couple of weeks later...hey presto! An original, personaly signed by Monty and Rommel, 32 Balloon Platoon 8th Army Desert party unit helmet! Look at the "wear"! Even chips, no sun fading (hard to get THAT effect in England, hey boys!) and an overall "dodgy" feel to them. And he picks the well known units to paint on the side. No Battalion or Regimental flashes, only the big divisions! What a tosser! As Robbo said...AVOID THIS TURKEY!

Steve

Comment

Re desert helmet

Yup have to agree, cant even get the size of the patch right.

The brit helmets for africa were standard pattern from europe. The SA production was made for hot weather climes, these will have three holes to the rear of the helmet to take a Khaki drill neck gaurd, most often missing.
            the crown pad is made of felt and is not coverd in leatherette. This will be black or chocolate brown in colour, the pads to the side of the helmet spider are circular and made from the same felt material.

The SA productin stuff was also issued to brit units

regards
            Tim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X