Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kandahar Group 9th Hussars

Hello Gentleman.

Been quite a busy week this week, managed to pick up this lovely little local group to a Pvt George Shore who lived in Market Deeping (right next to me) off his Grandson. He served in the 9th Lancers throughout the campaign then went home, retired, then joined the reserves.

The man himself taking a break from ploughing the fields after the campaign

His paybook, can't be much of these left around

And on 9th Lancers' regimental paper, a fitting tribute by his Captain when he retired

Comment

One word... superb! It's a shame his grandson didn't want to keep them in the family, but if it weren't for people like him, we wouldn't have a hobby. It's always great to see a picture of the man behind the medals - and nice to see some proper medals on the forum again.

Comment

Thats a great set of medals and interestingly your man has a fourth class education certificate like me.Rob.
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Beautiful Tom, I take it that you are now in gainful employment .

Seriously though, it's great to see the accompanying paperwork and photo. Sad to think that in this digital age proper photographs like that will truly become a thing of the past. What you need now is a nice Victorian crown 9th Lancers cap badge for when you frame this super group .

Let us know if you find out any more about Mr Shore.

Comment

Thanks everybody for your comments.

Jim, no I quit my job but money still comes in selling junk I agree on everything you mentioned. The old sepia toned photographs have an awe about them unlike the modern equivalent. These will defintely be framed, I'm supposed to be getting this man's photograph of him in his Lancer's uniform which will just top it off, when the old boy can find it.
            Robb, I wish I could comment, but it were before my era

As to Tony, these campaign medals are the "Proper Job".

Cheers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X