X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the reverse of the 5th Dragoon Guards
    Attached Files

Comment

Thats all for now, I've a RA Voluteer silver (1918 version I think) cap adge that I'd like looking at also, I'll post that later.

Comment

All look good to me but then it's midnight, reasons tomorrow.

Jim

Comment

Really, you've made my day mate Thank you, I trust your opinion on these (with a few others too....Jack my boy I've some cloth for you too !!), drunk or late at night !

I'll post the other couple I thought dubious then.........back in a moment !

Comment

The last teo for tonight then, Jim be warned I've rather alot more !! I try to pick the pretty and more odd looking ones I really don't know.

This one I purchased and isn't part of my Dads or indeed Grandads little pick ups.

Looking at it now after all this time, the crown looks lop sided, the field gun wheel unfinished/filed and all odd with excess metal, and parts very thin !

I'm clueless on these, and not much better on TR badges either

RA Volunteers cap badge
            Attached Files

Comment

Wheel area
              Attached Files

Comment

RA V, reverse
                Attached Files

Comment

I think this one could be okay, just gut feeling.

It was a bit dirty with brasso, so I gently cleaned it with the wifes tooth brush and warm water .....true that !!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tiger and elephant detail !
                    Attached Files

Comment

The reverse
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton
                        RA V, reverse
                        Marcus the RA Volunteers looks a good one - the copies have 3 lugs in differnt places and have a flaw in the scroll that yours lacks. The Dublinn Fus I do not like so much as I would expect brazing holes for a pre 1922 badge.

Alan

Comment

Thanks very much Alan, would these be the holes or are they just for fixing animals on in some way ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

All in all a nice lot of badges. I love that 4th Hussars with the QVC. I think the most telling thing that stands out on the majority is the slider, that little depression below the bend. Nice to see the sweat holes on the 7th and the Munsters again a good sign.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X