Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 Reunion Stuff

Hello,

Here is a small amount of Post-WW1 Canadian Reunion stuff. The Canadian Corps was very close and constantly held reunions across the country and around the world.

Take a look,

Cam

First up are two reunion pins and several reunion ribbons.
    Attached Files

WW1 Reunion Stuff

Here are my two favorite ribbons since they are from my home town. Funny how they are having reunions while there is a war going on.

Comment

WW1 Reunion stuff

Here are the two pins. One the Left is the 1934 Toronto reunion pin. This was the first really big reunion that was held. They created a small french village to go with it. On the front is General Currie, the Commander of the Canadian Corps. The Second Pin is the 1938 Toronto Reunion Pin. This time they created an increadibly big french village for the soldiers to see.
      Attached Files

Comment

WW1 Reunion stuff

Finally here is an original ticket from the 1938 Toronto Reunion. On it you can see the advert for the French Village.

Enjoy
        Attached Files

Comment

Not interesting??

Hey guys,

Am I the only one that finds this stuff interesting??????

If this is the case I will post my Home address and anything like this you have, you can mail to my house since no one here wants to talk about it .

If anyone has some similar stuff please post, I would love to see more.

Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

Nice stuff...I have examples of the 2 pins you've shown...came with a medal group. However, I have not encountered many of those ribbons or the ticket. Also, I had no idea they had constructed "French Villages" for the reunion...I wonder if there are surviving photos of this around.

I don't really collect CEF reunion items but would probably pick up associated items (armbands,etc) related to the battalions I have an interest in. You just don't see them very often!

Thanks for showing your stuff.

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

CEF Reunion stuff

Hello Adam,

Thanks for the reply.

The contruction of the French village was astonishing. I have not come across any photos of it but since it was built in Toronto, it is probably under some community now.

I know what you mean about the arm bands. I am trying desperatly to find a Fort Garry Horse Reunion armband but to no avail.

Thanks for you comment,
              Cam

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
              X