Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two airborne items

Hi all,

please take a look at these two items I recently added to my little collection.

The para wings look old but seem odd, where are they from - far east?

The parachute regiment cap-badge lacks back-side quallity compared to what I have seen before, would you say it is a pre 1945?

All comments welcome,

Thanks.

DJ
    Attached Files

and the cap-badge
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi DJ, I would have concerns about the wings. The Far East connection is most likely true, I suspect these are made in the Indian Sub Continent and recently.

I think that the cap badge is fine.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Ade,

Thanks for your comments, I did hope to hear from you and give your opinions on these. It is not that bad to read about the wings; I do have a bottle some where...

DJ

Comment

Hello DJ,
          Since Ade dealt the killing blow I'd have to add that your embroidered wing looks quite Petehalish. There must be a statue raised to the bugger somewhere in the hills of Pakistan. Here are a couple of mine. Top is an Indian made bottom a middle eastern made. Both WW2 period pieces.
          Sorry mate,
          Garth

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Thompson
            Hello DJ,
            Since Ade dealt the killing blow I'd have to add that your embroidered wing looks quite Petehalish. There must be a statue raised to the bugger somewhere in the hills of Pakistan. Here are a couple of mine. Top is an Indian made bottom a middle eastern made. Both WW2 period pieces.
            Sorry mate,
            Garth
            Damn forgot the pictures. Here thay are.
            Attached Files

Comment

Reverse view
              Attached Files

Comment

Oh Garth, don't tease me!

Comment

Very nice wings Garth

Comment

Yup typical Petehal ,all his badges have the same style of manufacture especially the backs .The cap badge looks like it was kerchunked out yesterday ,but thats just my opinion on the cap badge.Rob.
                    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Lately quite a few of parachute regiment cap badges turn up that have a very fresh appearance. Although this one seems to show a bit of surface polish, what it has in common is a large space between the lugs.

Am I right that this space is supposed to be around 1 inch, and that a bigger space is an indication for a reproduction?

Cheers, Luc

Comment

Yup!
                        that is defintely petehal
                        at his best
                        if you look closer all that messy squigly lines on the back
                        you will read
                        P E T E H A L L
                        g

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X