Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for JUNO Beach related items (Canadian Regina Rifle Regiment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for JUNO Beach related items (Canadian Regina Rifle Regiment)

<hr style="color: rgb(24, 27, 22);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I thought maybe this is the place I ought to post to in regards to my search. It also explains why I am a member of this forum.

My mother, age 7, was in a village called Le Fresne Camilly, liberated by the
    Canadian Regina Rifle Regiment, commanded by lieutenant-colonel Matheson on D-Day. Most of my mother's side of the family still resides in Normandy and when I visit I have spent long hours sitting on Juno beach and hiking along the various trails still dotted with bunkers.

I am trying to add a few items to my collection from this particular group of liberators and simply want to put the word out there in case any of you members can help me.

Thanks to all in advance.

Alex

Hi Alex, I have had good luck at the MCC show(Military Collectors Club of Canada) It is held once a year in a major city in the late summer as I recall.I have not been to one recently but they were well worth attending.The ASMIC show is a good place to look.There is always the Collectors Guild.I have quit abit of 3rd Div.stuff buts its tough to find anymore for obvious reasons.If you come acoss a Royal Winnipeg Rifles or North Nova Scotia BD, I would be willing to trade my Regina Rifle's BD.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve Pardon; 10-22-2005, 11:03 AM.

Comment

thanks!

I have never been to a military show before, so I think I would feel way out of my league...in any case I appreciate the advice and I will poke around a bit more on the net to see about these different avenues to consider. I'll keep my eyes open.

Alex

Comment

BTT, just in case!

Cheers!

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,
          Sent you a PM.
          Roy

Comment

Still looking

BTT-still looking

Comment

A great book is LOOK TO YOUR FRONT... REGINA RIFLES . authors are Gordon Brown and Terry Copp. This is a very worthwhile book for research and reference about the Regina Rifles. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks that is very helpful. I will look it up.

I have been trying to contact Combat Militaria for some time, and they will not return my messages. very frustrating. Wonder how they do business?

http://combatmilitaria.com/Allies%20...s_uniforms.htm

Comment

The MMC of C convention and show is being held in ST CATHERINES Aug 12 weekend it is just a hop skip across the border and Niagra FALLS you are sure to find something there.

PAUL

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by jim anderson View Post
                    A great book is LOOK TO YOUR FRONT... REGINA RIFLES . authors are Gordon Brown and Terry Copp. This is a very worthwhile book for research and reference about the Regina Rifles. Hope this helps.
                    I searched Amazon and they had two for $182.00!!!

But then I found a site with them for sale for $36!!! wohoo. Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X