Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with photo form Royal Signals 6th Airborne

He chaps,

I recent discovered a picture from 6th Airborne soldiers in our lokal museum!
    I know that the Royal Signal Section from the 6th Airborne stayed in my town in 1945 but who can tell me, that is really the Royal Signals and what Coy??

Thanks...

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen, sorry to dissappoint you, but I don't think these are men of 6th A/B. The formation sign painted on the sign is that of 8th corps. Also note the berets, not Red but GS caps. The "14" serial code is note RS either.

Cheers, Ade

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
      Hi Jeroen, sorry to dissappoint you, but I don't think these are men of 6th A/B. The formation sign painted on the sign is that of 8th corps. Also note the berets, not Red but GS caps. The "14" serial code is note RS either.

Cheers, Ade
      Thanks Ade,

Indeed i see it now, it isn`t the sign of pegasus. Stupid me But the search goes on.
      Thanks

Jeroen

Comment

Hi Jeroen, don't feel stupid, it is a mistake that has been made before. In one of the "Osprey Men-at Arms" books they did the same thing.

Have tried asking for photos from the war in your local newspaper? This often gives results.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks, thats a good idee, a uncle from my girlfriend works at the lokal newspapers.

Comment

The number 14 is a Corps Troops number for a Light Anti Aircraft Artillery unit. The position of the small square; top right would indicate the senior battery of the regiment. Try looking up 121 LAA Regt RA, I think they were with 8th Corps in 1944.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X