Help needed identifying a WW1 commonwealth peaked cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed identifying a WW1 commonwealth peaked cap

I own a WW1 officers commonwealth peaked cap..if someone could post pics i would be grateful.i have not got a clue to what regiment it is,it retains its orinal trench protective cover and the cap badge is solid silver.
    my email if anyone can help is stephenjfrench@msn.com
    thanks in advance
    Steve

<!--StartFragment --> Posting for Steve
    Attached Files

Comment

and...
      Attached Files

Comment

That badge has many characteristics of a badge of German origin - crown, wreath, etc.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

REF badge

Badge is Britsh Oficers ,believed WW1, George V crown. Hallmarks to rear are shefield but date mark is rubbed.
          All imput will be appreciated. My thanks go to Des for posting these for me ..a top bloke
          cheers to all Steve

Comment

What is on the side buttons ? Definitely British probably ww1 .Rob.
            God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Re buttons

Identical to cap badge. regards
              Steve

Comment

A colonial police cap?

Comment

..note trench cap !

Hi Leigh , with a trench cap cover ??? i know these covers were in use during the dardenels /Gallipoli campaign by comonwealth troops..cant see police being issued with them. The badge may be listed in a WW1 badge book out there ...help !!!
                  cheers
                  Steve

Comment

It's not listed in K&K, Gaylor etc., so I'd go along with Leigh's Police theory.
                    It can't be accurately dated to WW1, the cap doesn't look like Army and the cover is probably summer wear, assuming it has always been with the cap?

Comment

I cannot find anything in Kipling and King, either, though it looks like a simple (regular?) infantry badge with G and R for George V.

Comment

Actually, I just found something very close to this in Kipling and King -- badge 1054 (page 269, v.1): forage cap for military provost staff corps. The K&K badge looks similar to this (GR, wreath, and KC) but has a small "V" in front of the "G" and "R".

Comment

It's not any royal cypher I'm familiar with. This is a right odd one. I've gazed at it for quite a while, and no light bulb has lit above my head (no change there then). I'd date it 1920s, but as to its origins? It's certainly a British/Commonwealth item.

Comment

New member Dennis Shaday sent me the folliwing link which may be of interest.

http://www.hamwichouse.com/book3/files/ha3592.html

Comment

Thank you al !!!

India Police it is then...any idea of value ..badge is hall marked solid silver..
                              cheers
                              steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X