Mini Medalbar - anything interesting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Medalbar - anything interesting ?

i have this mini medalbar in my collection. is it interesting in a way?
    is it a fake? is it valuable?
    because i thought about selling but don't know anything about it.
    thanks much for your help in advance christian
    Attached Files

reverse:
    Attached Files

Comment

The pre 1962 Royal Navy General Service with the 2 campaign bars, the British medal for the Korean war & the UN Korea, the post 1962 Campaign Service Medal with campaign bar (this replaced the |Royal Navy General Service Medal & the Army & RAF General Service Medal), & the Royal Navy Long Service & Good Coduct Medal.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Jim will know all about these navy bottle tops

Comment

Originally posted by Christian L
        is it a fake?
        Hi Christian - there's really no such things as "fakes" when it comes to British miniature medals. The reason why I say this is that these were private purchase items that were produced by many tailors and jewelers...so, you needn't worry about them being fakes. Some groups that are put together with miniatures can be termed fake - as they are made up of various combinations of orders, gallantry decorations, and campaign medals to deceive the buyer into thinking that they belonged to someone who had earned these same medals. However, your group is a nice Naval long service group - nothing too spectacular - but nice nonetheless.

Comment

thanks much for your help!
          and its nice to hear, that not all collecting items get faked
          christian

Comment

Maybe nothing too spectacular, but I'd be happy as Larry if it was a full-sized group. It's certainly one of the more plausible 'groups' I've seen of late.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X