Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Army Help needed!!

Hi Folks!
    Last weekend I got 2 Tons of Canadian Summer Uniforms, and in the moment I need some help with a Regiment.
    The Buttons shows a "V R I" and 2 mini fleur de lis and the Queens crown of today (QEC). Does anybody knows this regiment or Unit?

the 2nd question: Does anybody knows something about a "Canadian Berlin Battalion" with the British in 1945 in Berlin? Which Unit's, Formation's or else?

Cheers
    Nico

P.S.: 2 Weeks ago I got 1.5 Tons of Canadian Battle Dress Trousers, both Army and Air Force.
    Last edited by uscob; 09-07-2005, 11:12 AM. Reason: addition

Can you post any pictures? VRI stands for Victoria Regina Imperatrix (Victoria Queen and Empress) and is still found only on the capbadge of The Royal Canadian Regiment. The fleur-de-lys is a symbol of Quebec and I don't think the two are usually found together, so if you can post a pic - that would help a lot!

regards,

Geoff

Comment

Here's the modern Queen's Crown capbadge - the Imperial cypher (VRI) can be seen in the middle - and this is how it appears on the buttons. To the best of my knowledge, the RCR is the only regiment authorized to use Victoria's Imperial cypher (in recognition of services during the Boer War). All others change their cypher as monarchs change (so EIIR today).

Comment

Hi Nico,

Are any of the uniforms and trousers wartime dated?

Comment

I should have known this as my Dad spent 34 years with them! The button you have is, indeed The Royal Canadian Regiment - I found a button and there are 2 small fleurs-de-lys flanking the cypher. Nice find there! The RCR has 4 battalions (3 regular and 1 reserve) - 2 battalions (1 and 3) are based in Petawawa, Ontario (north of Ottawa) and the 2nd Battalion is based in Gagetown, New Brunswick.

Comment

Hi Geoff!
            Many thanks to your Dad, serving there.
            It was a great help!
            Maybe I'm back with some questions when I sorted out the other boxes.
            Hello Des!
            There are some new BD Trousers in size 15 from september to November 1945.

Cheers
            Nico

P.S.: Some Pics of the German POW-Camp where I got the Uniforms.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow that looks like a good find, how much are the BD trousers?

Cheers
              Jason

Comment

The 1950's starting at 15.00 Euros.
                The 1945 ones are 65.00 Euros.
                All are new.
                Cheers
                Nico

Comment

Are there any boxes full of Div signs there?

I see you dont make the same mistake as me and leave stuff behind

Steve.

Comment

No Boxes of Insignia, only Uniforms, but I had to leave a lot of them 'cause I have no train to get them.
                    I think I left about 25 Tons of stuff.
                    But I can visit him again and again until my account is empty.
                    Nico

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X