A few new items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few new items

I have been into Great War Militaria lately, i picked up a few UK items recently. First is a 18 pound shell turned into trench art. as always,cant say for sure when it was done,may be period, my not, i like it regardless
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scott Powell; 09-03-2005, 09:13 PM.

another view
    Attached Files

Comment

This Death Plaque was awarded to Samuel Dearden. I have 2 individuals with this name, one was a Private in the Lancashire Fusiliers KIA 17/8/1915 and one was a Private in the South Wales Borderers KIA 15/03/1918. I had reservations on buying this, i wasnt certain if it were proper for an american to own this,but after some thought i realized it will havea place of honor in my collection,and Pte Dearden wont be forgotten
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Scott Powell; 09-03-2005, 09:13 PM.

Comment

This 1914/15 star was awarded to 36160 DVR J BORSEY R.E . I like this medal alot, it came with a 1914 Christmas tin that is VERY well worn to say the least.
        Attached Files

Comment

Its almost impossible to read the names of the countries on the tin,but i like it. I think of some cold ,hungry lonely soldier opening it Christmas 1914, thinking of home
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Powell
            This 1914/15 star was awarded to 36160 DVR J BORSEY R.E . I like this medal alot, it came with a 1914 Christmas tin that is VERY well worn to say the least.
            Of all British medals I think the Mons Star is my favourite. Not only is it pleasing to the eye but the recipients of this medal were part of the (in my opionion) the greatest army in the world at that time, the recipients of which made victory in World War One possible.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X