It always pays to look and ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It always pays to look and ask

Hi Guys, as you know by now I am not a big WW1 collector, but I do like Great War items and always check any WW1 British medals I come across at shows, just in case they are from interesting units.

A couple of weeks ago I was at a living history show and came upon a "junky" type stall. I saw these medals and thought that they were worth a closer look as the condition looked so good. I checked the rim stampings and saw the unit was "QMAAC". I asked the stall holder the price: "£5 each" came the reply. So he was going to split them Lez was keen to have them at that price to add to her women's collection. As you can see, the ribbons are almost mint WW1 originals and have small safety pins added, so the medals must have been worn once or twice in the past.

Once we got home we checked the online WW1 medal roll index which confirmed that the original recipient was awarded just these two medals so the group is complete The lady's name was Emily and held the rank of worker. (“22089 Wkr E Evett QMAAC”.)

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Files

Reverse showing the small safety pins. I do like the patina to the silver war medal.
    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X