Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Ww1 Button ?

Hi guys

Got a few of these commonwealth buttons which i could do with a hand Identifining. They look pretty old with loads of paintian perhaps ww1 era ?? Looks as if they are stamped (struck),rear is marked "St Martins Lane London-Firmin & sons Lo".

I guess they are Army but to what tunic would they have been attached ?

Any help would be most greatful

Many thanks

Mark
    Attached Files

rear

rear
    Attached Files

Comment

Pre ww1 more like 1850's ,but I am sure young Leigh can help .Rob.
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Strange button. Sadly good references on buttons are scarce. Is the back flat or dished?

The design on the front is that used only, as far as I know, by the Royal West Kent Regt. That would date it to between 1881 - 1901. However as Firmin became a Limited Company in 1875 the back marking suggests before this date.
        Confusing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Maclean
          Strange button. Sadly good references on buttons are scarce. Is the back flat or dished?

The design on the front is that used only, as far as I know, by the Royal West Kent Regt. That would date it to between 1881 - 1901. However as Firmin became a Limited Company in 1875 the back marking suggests before this date.
          Confusing!
          Hi guys,

Jim, the button is dished,i have done a bit of searching on the net but i cant seem to match it up with anything so im a bit stumpted to what era or regiment it was from.

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X