British WW2 Medal Ribbon help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British WW2 Medal Ribbon help!

Hi, would someone be able to help me identify the medals in the enclosed bar? Much appreciated RA 3.jpg

Also here is the tailors tag from the tunic, Captain RA buttons, can anyone work out the name and help me RA 5.jpg piece it all together? I am struggling!

Comment

Hi there!the ribbons are from left to right Military cross for gallantry, 1939 45 star, North African campaign star with 8th army emblem, Italian campaign star, defence medal and war medal

Do you have a pic of the full tunic?

Comment

Thank you very much, greatly appreciated!! I only have a few British items, c RA 1.jpg omplete tunic here.

Comment

Very nice tunic indeed! I can't make out any name sadly though some other members might have a better luck!

Comment

Looks like it could be Royal Berkshire Regiment on the tailor's label, but the collar badges are for either the Royal Artillery or Royal Engineers; not sure which.

Bob Shoaf

Comment

The buttons are RA, but I assume would have been attached to a regiment, I was working on the name being Reave, or Reeve or similar. Could it be Cheshire regiment? Will have a look to see what regiments were part of the 8th army throughout. Are there records of MC winners? Thanks for all help so far.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X