Chidit Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys

I just got a call from the owner of this group. she would like to sell the medal grouping and has offered it to me. I would like to offer her a fair price so i am wondering what i should offer? The only medal named is the St John service medal. all the others are very nicely toned and period mounted. but unfortunately un-named.

Cheers
    Jason

P.S sorry not trying to be rude, if possible would it be possible to get a couplke of prices A.S.A.P as she would like to know preferably by tommorow.
    Last edited by aussie jason; 12-05-2006, 07:28 AM.

Comment

The medals themselves are not expensive its the Chindit connection that is nice . If we are talking all of it including the Trench Art then I would say a generous bid would be ******163;150-******163;200 Rob.
      God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

I think Robb's value would be fair too.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks guys!

What would you say for just the ribbons and medals? I also forgot the Soecial Constubulary medal is also named. I know its a shame to split the group but at the moment she just wants to sell the medals, attleast this way theres a chance of re-uniting the group later on.

Cheers
          Jason

Comment

I think an offer of £100 would be generous? Try and tactfully impress upon her that splitting the grouping up is a bad thing to do. It will show that you care about the history of the items.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks Ade

I have mentioned a fair few times that splitting the group up, or even letting it leave the family is a bad idea, though there may be a need for the money i think. If i purchase the medals i will do so on the agreement if i ever wish to sell or the family wants them back either herself or her children can purchase them back at the price i pay.

Cheers
              Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X