Boer war medal group .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boer war medal group .

This is at a local auction .The South Africa is 17th Lancers ,the rest S&T corps .On the general rubbish table are his cased binoculars and large leather covered flask ,The bino case has Mesport . X11 Mule Corps W.L Davidson (same as the medals).They are German binos with a Crecent moon and star imprinted in the leather .What value would you put on the medals guys ? Rob
    Attached Files
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

The bars are cape colony ,s africa 1901 & 02 .No 5437 private 17th Lancers .Rob.

Comment

Hi Rob,

A dealer would want between 600 to 700 pounds for these medals. Which is a good figure considering he was a sub conductor in a transport unit not a front line fighting unit unlike the 17th Lancers. Even as a 17<sup>th</sup> lancer with that combo of bars on the QSA I don’t think he would of seen much action in the Boer War.

The field glasses sound like they were captured from a Turkish Officer. They did use German binos. If the condition of these is good I could see a militaria dealer asking around 60 - 70............but that is only if the condition is good with clear work able optics. They sound like a pair of Fernglas to me. If you get them for just over 30 I think you will be doing well.

I wish you luck in your bidding. If it were me in the hot seat I wouldnt bid more than 375 on the medals with 20 percent commission. I ike medals to the frontline fighting units so to me they are less appealing.
      <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
      <!--[endif]-->

Comment

Thanks Yellow,for that ,the estimate on the medals is £500-£600 which seemed a little steep ,I will leave a bid of £375 and see what happens ,and I thought £40 on the binos and waterbottle .They were dienstglass with lots of other writing and lens cap covers (which is nice).Cheers Rob.

Comment

Irregardless of the recipient, it's a nice MSM & LS&GC group. I'd say £400-500. You would'nt be able to assemble such a group from singletons for much less than £400. It's a shame the medals will be (undoubtedly) split from the recipient's other possessions.

Comment

Well I left a couple of bids ,Hopefully I might snag the binos as I like the Turkish /German connection .Rob.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X