S10 Gas mask Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S10 Gas mask Question

Forum members, I have an S10 gas mask that I purchased quite reasonably before they went crazy on eBay....However I don't believe it came with a British made filter...I know any NATO/civilian type filter will suffice, but I wouldn't mind having an original....This and I was wondering if replacement head harnesses can be bought, as mine appears oxidized....Any help appreciated, Bodes

Do you have any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
      Do you have any pics?
      Here's a picture of one off the internet, with what I believe is a standard British filter....Bodes

Comment

That is the correct filter for S10, although S6 will also fit (we used up the old stock first before the new ones came through). S6 filters were thinner, black metal and had a perforated outer rim. You say the harness is 'oxidised', it is rubber so shouldn't oxidise?

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
          That is the correct filter for S10, although S6 will also fit (we used up the old stock first before the new ones came through). S6 filters were thinner, black metal and had a perforated outer rim. You say the harness is 'oxidised', it is rubber so shouldn't oxidise?
          It's called Blooming...Typically, this is caused by unused vulcanizing agent(s) migrating to the surface of the rubber part......Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X