My Fibre Rim Camo Para Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Steve,

I'd say they were just bashes and scrapes from the helmet being used. I can't imagine that the damage was done within the last 60 years. Perhaps when the soldier took the thing off, he rested it on the top bit and this process combined with him wearing it took its toll after so long.

If the soldier was Parachute trained, I doubt that would have done much good for the condition of the helmet!

Thanks, from Jack.

Comment

Not as nice as yours but mine

Comment

Hi Jack,

here is mine again. Never have been able to determine which unit this might have been.
        The "Boyd" helmet of 156th also had a decal or stencil at some stage but was subsequently removed.
        Last edited by Ben; 10-13-2005, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Ben; 10-13-2005, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Helmets??

Some nice helmets.

However- as for prices- the last MK I No.5's I had I paid a wopping 350-400 Canadian for. When I was kid - 1983 - I guy who was a dealer and up on values at the time had a nice MK I attributed to a 1CPB D-Day jumper and it had his name and another fellows name ( earlier owner ) in it. It was a wopping 40$ then. Ever since the advent of e-bay these helmets doubled and tripled in value from 350-400$ overnight.

A huge number of ( unconverted to web ) MK I's both stainless steel rim and fibre impregnated rubber band came out of Australia. I had about eight of them in total. I still think they are only worth 350-500 Canadian range. I dont beleive in this overnight rise in value nonsense. What will they be next year 2000pds??? and for a unit sign 3000pds? I think the price should stay as it is now for many many years to come. For one- there are still large surplus lots of these helmets out there. It may even be worth going to Australia to find them at these prices.

However I do agree that the recon helmet is very nice and also worth a fair bit- I saw the almost exact helmet at a show here back when and it was 150$ when the others were 40$.

Anyway- its not a hobby for kids anymore.

have a good weekend!

Ken

Originally posted by Ben

Comment

Hi,

Just a question concerning the rim the only helmet that i have examined with a badly worn'' fibre'' rim looked to be made of asbestos? any ideas what it's made of.
                  Merdock

Comment

Originally posted by merdock
                    Hi,

Just a question concerning the rim the only helmet that i have examined with a badly worn'' fibre'' rim looked to be made of asbestos? any ideas what it's made of.
                    Merdock
                    Resin impregnated fibre.

Comment

Great helmet Steve! I've always wanted one of these and yours looks like its the best one around. -Lee

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X