VC miniature grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VC miniature grouping

I just noticed this forum and thought I would share something I bought years ago with you guys. I sent many detailed pics off to David Erskine Hill several years ago and he said it was made in the early 20s in remembrance of the awardee. Sometime along the years the ribbons he said were changed and “I think” it is pretty cool.

Since a friend of a friend bought it at a garage sale and the lady said it had been in her family for years Mr. Hill figured it was made by the family as a remberance. Consequently, she had the same last name.

Best Wishes,

Bob
    Attached Files
    www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

That a very nice grouping to Liddell. Were you testing us all by emitting the name from the post

The chap you emailed is correct. He died before his service medals were issued.......and certainly never wore a mini group including the WW1 trio.

The mini VC could of been his though. Could of worn that maybe? Same goes for the badge.......is it solid silver per chance? I bet Liddles badge would of been silver and not a common white metal example worn by OR's.

For those who have Adobe Acrobat reader click here:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/ptc/files/liddell.pdf

Steve.

Comment

I forgot to ask.......many VC minis are named.......are these?

Steve.

Comment

Hey Steve!

I was looking through my old pictures and saw this. Honestly, I could not remember whom they were named to. I really wanted to mention the name of the lady who they were bought from but it just slipped. The grouping is packed away and I have not seen it in years although, I am pretty confidant the badge is of silver. Oh, there is no name other than the one in the case.

Thanks!

Bob

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X