Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer Cadet insignia.

Hello people,

Just a quick question...I know the white strip of material for Officer Cadets was worn at the base of the shoulder strap of the battle dress blouse...but...was this worn in conjunction with pips for 2nd Lieutenant?

Thanks, from Jack.

Good Question.

Comment

I cannot think why this would be done? I would have thought that any newly promoted Subaltern would have been keen to loose the white slip on tapes as soon as possible?

But like many things there are often exceptions to the rule?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

There was a "tradition" were the newly commisioned subaltern worn his/her "pip" under the white tape on the evening of the day before his/her commision, then on the stroke of midnight it was removed to show the new rank.

Comment

Thanks for the information guys!

Comment

Officer Cadet Rank

Hello,

I don't know much about the british military dress regs but I can tell you guys this. The second I recieved my commission I was more than happy to remove the white cloth. We wore it under the actual pip itself with a little bit showing on the four sides. We only wore this while wearing our patrols (regimental dress) since that was the only time that we ware pips.

I am pretty sure that they would have removed it right away. No subaltern wants to be seen as a Officer Cadet.

Cam

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X