Denison from Beltring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denison from Beltring

It took at lot of leg work, but it paid off.
    Here is the 3rd pattern Denison I finally managed to find at Beltring.
    I would just like to say it was really great to meet up with the likes of Jack, Ade, Des, Marc and Guy, etc. Hope you all enjoyed Beltring as much as I did.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMP; 07-26-2005, 08:14 PM.

back:
    Attached Files

Comment

label, 1944.
      Attached Files

Comment

zip:

Hey Guy....this is one you missed

sTEVE
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Steve,

Wow that`s a nice one ! Mint, 1944, and size 4, could it be better, i don`t think so. I had one 2nd patt ( mine wasn`t so nice as yours) to but had to sell it. .

Jeroen

Comment

Hi Steve,

It was nice meeting you too Looks like a nice smock. Do you mind me asking what the damage was?

Comment

Steve,

A GREAT denison !!
              It was great meeting you
              Are you going to Detling next month?

Marc

Comment

It is indeed a very nice smock Steve showed it to me on his way out of the show.

Cheers, Ade.

P.S. Really great to meet up with you too Steve.

Comment

Wow, that is a wonderful smock

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                  It is indeed a very nice smock Steve showed it to me on his way out of the show.

Cheers, Ade.

P.S. Really great to meet up with you too Steve.

Comment

Very nice smock Steve!

Nice to see a second pattern that has pockets with a square bottom, they are a bit more rounded usually.
                    Thanks for showing!
                    Cheers, Luc

Comment

Nice one Steve, don't you think it would look nice hanging beside my Army Pilot Denison .

Comment

Very nice smock indeed!!

Comment

Originally posted by SMP
                          zip:

Hey Guy....this is one you missed

sTEVE
                          Actually I didn't but I wasn't going to pay what he asked. I thought you would probably end up with it. Nice smock

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Hello all and just to add it was my first trip down to Beltring and i only bumped into Guy , {you allright mate} as unfortunately i dont know anyone else , but on the point of denisons i was was shocked by the price some dealers were asking for them and even trying to sell converted repos as originals and on a lighter note there was even a dealer who swore that the second pattern button cuffs were only introduced in april 1944 and the 1943 one i showed and offered him was a fake

cheers andy
                            ps he had only been colecting 25 years and would love to know how much you did pay if you dont mind

Comment

Love to see your 1943 denison /label.I think these a rare.Production of the second pattern must have started late in 1943.They were not worn by the 1st airborne ,they simply must have had enough supply of 1st pattern smocks made in 1942/43.But the 6th did receive them,and some were isseud before june 1944,as the 6th needed new men to replace the men fallen during there campaign through france,belgium and holland,more of them appeared.After there withdrawl for varsity,men in need of new clothing and equipment thus received 19,43/1944 production second pattern smocks..So they become more common in the ranks during varsity in 1945.I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this,but i believe its a fact.So nice smock ,johan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X