Ww2 Div Sign Collectors Must See!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ww2 Div Sign Collectors Must See!

Can anyone remember that cut up cloak on Ebay that fetched £750?

In my opinion that was a low end example. Heres a few pictures of the real deal. You will not find a better example anywhere of a WW2 nurses cloak, truly astounding!

Steve.

P.S.

It took me three taxis and three trains to bring you these pics.

"P.S.

It took me three taxis and three trains to bring you these pics."

You go all that way & you forget your glass cutter & razor?

Comment

The funny thing is its not insured! If the one on Ebay all cut up made 750 whats this one worth.........2K+ ?

Theres somes really nice badges here. A 1st Canadian Airborne title, a bullion Chindits......the list goes on and on.

Steve.

Comment

And the Jewish Brigade, nice.

Comment

Man, there are some sweethearts on that one . Any chance of close ups.

Garth

Comment

It's glazed to keep the drool off.

Comment

I thought you lads might enjoy this Everytime I see this I find something new!

No worries about close ups......PM me with your email address and I will send you both of these photos straight from the memory card of my camera. The orginals are around 2200 pixels wide.......would make a great pic for your PC desktop!

Steve.

Comment

If it is in a museum, then I can understand the no insurance. Why insure an item you will not be able to replace once it has gone? If it is stolen and then recovered you have the problem of giving the insurance money back, which means you can not use it in case it is recovered. And if it is destroyed by fire then it has gone end of story.

Comment

Hi all,

there is a loverly example of one of these cape`s at Bovington tank museum, unless this is it ??
                  Ashley

Comment

Hi Ashley,

I think I can recall the example your are talking about at the Tank Museum. The last time I saw it was in the 1980's. The museum has had a reshuffle in the last four years.........I was there last year but for some reason must of missed it?

Can you pin point its location in the museum?

If only they replied to emails at that museum, I would love to find out more.

Steve.

Comment

Not a cloth collector really but I can appreciate that. Just imagine the sacrilage if that got into the wrong hands.

I'm surprised about the museum not replying to emails, when I lived up that way I went up there with a query and they couldn't have been more helpful. Probably something to do with privatisation and profits.

Comment

As I have often found with Museums in the UK; some keepers are better than others. A polite way of putting it

Steve.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X