Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap Badges And More

Just agreed to take these in trade,

I know a few of the items the WB the Victory medal but British cap badges are not my thing any ideas as to what I have taken on here. They will be with me next week and I will be able to do better pics then.

Thanks chaps

regards

Mark
    Attached Files

2nd lot
    Attached Files

Comment

3rd lot
      Attached Files

Comment

Black Watch, Royal malta Regt, Tyneside Scottish, Royal Scots Fusiliers, circa WWII 3rd Inf Bde (the tip of the i Div spearpoint with red infantry border & numeral III), & a WWI Victory & BWM with the ribbons the wrong way round.

Can't say a lot more without better photos in order to see the crowns, scrolls & details of the lion on the Tyneside Scots badge.

Comment

The Dutch or Belgian things are beyond me without a telescope & a book, the 3rd photo's got a Kings Royal Rifle Corps shoulder title, a Signals Corps or two, perhaps a Worcesters collar dog & shoulder title, a Canadian cavalry lot who I can't remember at the moment, perhaps a RAPC collar dog a German black wound badge.
          At first sight there's nothing wonderfully scarce or valuable ther, but can't be sure without better photos.
          Remembered the Cnadian donkey wallopers one, I think that's the 8th Princess Louises Hussars, New Brunswick.
          More of these badges, such as the Black Watch, the signals, the one that looks like RAPC could be Canadian, depends on the detail.
          Last edited by leigh kitchen; 07-21-2005, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Many thanks Leigh

I should have some better pics later today and they will be in front of me next week when I get back from Ghent, so I will be able to play around with them.

best regards

Mark

Comment

Looks like these might be Danish
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi MMM,
                What is the name on the medals?

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by MMM
                  Looks like these might be Danish
                  Yep, a few clues there, just need the Hubble to zero in on 'em. Good getting that amount of detail from those photos.

Comment

Hi Greg

The 14/18 Victory and the British War medal are named to 170020 GMR S G SMITH RA

regards

Mark
                    Last edited by MMM; 07-21-2005, 02:24 PM.

Comment

That should be GNR.

Comment

Sydney C, Smith, Royal Garrison Artillery, does'nt look like he was a fatality.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff
                          That should be GNR.
                          Yes, a "Gummer" somehow sounds very much like a Royal Navy trade.
                          Jim?

Comment

Yes, Officers Head Steward, back in the days when 'copper bottomed' only referred to a ships construction .

Originally posted by leigh kitchen
                            Yes, a "Gummer" somehow sounds very much like a Royal Navy trade.
                            Jim?

Comment

Guys, that should be GOmmer, not gUmmer!

Is it Friday yet? I'm getting punchy!

Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X