Question on Victory medal to a Light Horse Trooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Victory medal to a Light Horse Trooper

I was thinking about buying a victory medal to an 8th Light Horse trooper and I wanted to get the forums opinion on this one??

Ben

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:B:AAQ:US:1

For one, I think he's asking too much - even for a Lighthorseman killed at Gallipoli - I'd expect the full trio and plaque to be that much, not just the Victory medal. Also, I'd ask him for MUCH better scans, especially of the naming - just to make sure it's bona fide. If it was me, and I had the patience (which is rare with me) I'd save my $900.00 and wait for something better to come along.

Comment

Ditto. I particularly resent it anyway when people want big money & can't be bothered to provide proper photos, makes me lose interest straight away.

Comment

No way

Hello all,
        a Trio to KIA Gallipoli would cost you $1500 Aust to $2200 with Plq and depends on if he was killed on day one.A broken Trio no matter who he is very hard to place even harder if price is so high unless he was a VC,DCM,Ect, or recommended.
        Cheers Jack

Comment

I spoke with 2 other very knowlegeable Australian collectors today and they agree with Jack - the full set and plaque would go for a couple or more thousand. They did say, however, that they thought $900 for the Victory alone was a bit optimistic. If I were you (which I'm not ) I'd put the 900 away and save a bit more for the full monty (trio and plaque if it's a casualty you're after)...they ARE rare but the DO exist and do come for sale periodically.

Comment

Here is a better picture of the engraving
            Attached Files

Comment

ALL

Thanks for the great information and once again the forum has saved me from a questionable purchase.

Ben

Comment

Ben: here's one that's more complete:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=4374&rd=1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X