Jewish Brigade Group insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewish Brigade Group insignia

I would like to share with the group some insignia from the Jewish Brigade Group of WW2 I recently aquired. The formation badge and title I've seen before, although rarely. The wrist band I'm presuming is for a WO of the brigade and the armband I really don't know the use of. It is a definate local/field construction item. Here is a very brief history of the group:

The Jewish Brigade Group of the British army, which fought under the Zionist flag, was formally established in September 1944. It included more than 5,000 Jewish volunteers from Palestine organized into three infantry battalions and several supporting units. Under the command of Brigadier Ernest Benjamin, the Jewish Brigade fought against the Germans in Italy from March 1945 until the end of the war in May 1945.

Hope you enjoy the picture,
    Garth
    Attached Files

Fine grouping there Garth ,I dont think I have seen these before ,its always nice to see something new .Rob.
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

HIYA Garth , very ,very nice ,thanks for showing michael

Comment

Jewish Brigade Group Insignia

Dear all...when I can get my act together....I shall try to put up some insignia of the Jewish Brigade Group onto this site . Please excuse my incapacity...Im still to learn the secrets of putting pictures into the system.
        All best wishes...and look forward to hearing from trom the computer wizards. Ian

Comment

Ian,
          Go to Testing and Technical Advice forum and it's pinned at the top

Originally posted by Ian adams
          Dear all...when I can get my act together....I shall try to put up some insignia of the Jewish Brigade Group onto this site . Please excuse my incapacity...Im still to learn the secrets of putting pictures into the system.
          All best wishes...and look forward to hearing from trom the computer wizards. Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian adams
            Ian,
            A good spot to practice is the TEST part of the forum. Picture loading on this forum is very user friendly. Sizing the pictures properly is the key. Email me if you need any help.
            Garth

Comment

Nice to see some real Jewish Brigade Group stuff

Thanks for showing, from Jack.

Comment

Hi Garth !!

Yes...very unusual stuff to say the least. I'm completely unfamiliar with this unit and its role in WWII.

Vic

Comment

An excuse to link in my photos.......

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.net/foru...ghlight=jewish

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Thompson
                    The Jewish Brigade Group of the British army, which fought under the Zionist flag, ...fought against the Germans in Italy from March 1945 until the end of the war in May 1945. Garth
                    Thanks for the post Garth. I was unaware of this Jewish WWII military formation. I can just imagine the reaction the Germans must have had after the realization that they were fighting a Jewish combat force.

It seems the more I learn about WWII, the more I find that I don't know!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X